Domestic Violence is abuse committed against you by someone related by marriage, a domestic partnership or someone with whom you are having or have had an intimate or dating relationship.
Domestic violence can be:
- name calling
- blaming and emotional abuse
- hitting you
- throwing things
- punching holes in the wall
- grabbing your throat
- controlling you and where you can go and who you can see
- threats to hurt you or those you love
Does your partner:
- Control your life?
- Scare you with threats of violence to you, the children, your pets, your family?
- Threaten to commit suicide ?
- Threaten to take the children? Say you’ll never see them again?
- Walk on eggshells around your partner?
- Apologize all the time?
- Try to keep the children from upsetting your partner?
- Feel trapped and hopeless to change your life?
If this sounds familiar, you may have an abusive partner. Love does not have to hurt. If you want to know more about our shelter or a restraining order to stay safe, call us. If your partner has ever grabbed you by the throat you are in great danger. You may have been a fraction of a second from dying.
Scared of your partner's ANGER?
Walking on eggshells? Hiding your bruises? Frightened for your kids? Trapped with no safe place to go?
Have you been RAPED?
Are you keeping it a shameful secret? Do you think no one will believe you? Do you believe it is your fault?
Were you MOLESTED as a child?
Does it still haunt you? Wondering if you will ever get over it?
End the Suffering
Call Us Now
24-hr Crisis Line 209-533-3401
or toll-free 1-800-454-4766