Drugs, Alcohol and Sexual Assault
Rape or sexual assault is NEVER your fault even if you were drunk.
- It’s harder to say ‘no’ when you are drunk and it’s a lot easier for someone to rape you or to ignore you when you say ‘no’ when you are drunk.
- It’s easy for someone to add drugs that you can’t taste to your drink. These drugs can make it so you don’t remember what happened or so you pass out. Then you have no way to stop them from raping or sexually assaulting you.
- You may have been sexually assaulted while drinking if:
– You have a gut feeling you had sex but can’t remember clearly what happened.
– You remember part of the night but not all of it.
– Feel like you were or still are a whole lot more drunk or affected than you normally would be.
– Wake up in a strange place or with someone you barely know and don’t remember how you got there
If you were drinking underage or using illegal drugs and want to report a sexual assault to law enforcement, the police will only investigate the sexual assault not your use of alcohol or drugs, though they may ask you questions about it.
Scared of your partner's ANGER?
Walking on eggshells? Hiding your bruises? Frightened for your kids? Trapped with no safe place to go?
Have you been RAPED?
Are you keeping it a shameful secret? Do you think no one will believe you? Do you believe it is your fault?
Were you MOLESTED as a child?
Does it still haunt you? Wondering if you will ever get over it?
End the Suffering
Call Us Now
24-hr Crisis Line 209-533-3401
or toll-free 1-800-454-4766