Bullying Prevention & Resources
Bullying is a widespread and serious problem that can happen anywhere. It is not a phase children have to go through, it is not “just messing around”, and it is not something to grow out of. Bullying can cause serious and lasting harm and can effect children well into adulthood.
Although definitions of bullying vary, most agree that bullying involves:
- Imbalance of Power: A Child who exhibits bullying behaviors wants power to control or harm another person. The child who is being bullied may have a hard time defending themselves.
- Intent to Cause Harm: Any action done by accident is not bullying; the person bullying has a goal to cause harm.
- Repetition: Incidents of bullying happen to the same person over and over again by the same person or group.
Types of Bullying
- Verbal: Name-calling, teasing
- Social: Spreading rumors, leaving people out on purpose, trying to break up friendships
- Physical: Hitting, punching, shoving
- Cyber bullying: Uses the internet and/or cell phones by sending hurtful messages or pictures.
Scared of your partner's ANGER?
Walking on eggshells? Hiding your bruises? Frightened for your kids? Trapped with no safe place to go?
Have you been RAPED?
Are you keeping it a shameful secret? Do you think no one will believe you? Do you believe it is your fault?
Were you MOLESTED as a child?
Does it still haunt you? Wondering if you will ever get over it?
End the Suffering
Call Us Now
24-hr Crisis Line 209-533-3401
or toll-free 1-800-454-4766