What is Sexual Assualt?
Any unwanted sexual activity carried out by force, manipulation or coercion. If you are raped or sexually assaulted, it is NEVER your fault even if you were drunk or using drugs.
- Rape is always a violent act carried out in a sexual manner. Rape or sexual assault are about power and control, not about sex or love
- You must be 18 years old to say ‘yes’ to sex, no matter how old the other person thinks you are.
- If one or both of you are under 18 years old, the older one can be charged with sexual assault if you have sex or if you are sexually assaulted.
- A person must be capable of agreeing to have sex. If you are drunk, drugged, passed out, or are disabled mentally or physically you may not be capable of saying ‘yes’ to sex. Having sex with you in these cases may be against the law.
- If you say ‘yes’ to having sex and then say ‘no’ and the other person won’t stop, it is sexual assault.
Scared of your partner's ANGER?
Walking on eggshells? Hiding your bruises? Frightened for your kids? Trapped with no safe place to go?
Have you been RAPED?
Are you keeping it a shameful secret? Do you think no one will believe you? Do you believe it is your fault?
Were you MOLESTED as a child?
Does it still haunt you? Wondering if you will ever get over it?
End the Suffering
Call Us Now
24-hr Crisis Line 209-533-3401
or toll-free 1-800-454-4766